We hate to break it to you, but…
At one point or another, you’ve been on someone’s hook. You think that one day, all of a sudden, this person will turn around and put you above everyone else, and it will somehow morph into a perfect relationship.
Maybe you’re already in a relationship with this person and keep hoping things will get better, even though you’ve never been the first thing on this person’s mind. You probably don’t ask for much, but they’ve made you feel like it’s your fault for feeling the way you do.
You’re desperate for those few moments where this person makes you feel special, but then you feel terrible the rest of the time.
Guess what? We’ve all been there, and some of us are still there, trying to figure out a way to get out. It’s not easy, but if you identify with this feeling, you should call that person up and tell them to f*ck off. End things.
It’s probably going to feel like the end of the world, but the worst kind of person is the person who drags you along and throws you on the back burner. You’ll never become the priority; life isn’t that nice and that guy (or girl) you’re dating will always be a jerk.
You don’t want to be around when that person does find their priority. So, here are 17 signs you’re an option, NOT a priority:
1. Almost all your plans with this person are last minute …
2. … even though he/she always asks what your plans are for the night way in advance.
3. You find yourself turning people down while you wait to see if he/she wants to see you.
4. And then you regret that you wasted your night waiting on them.
5. You’re never the person they want to take to big events, like weddings.
6. Even when they’re seeing someone else, they still try to keep you on the hook.
7. They almost always bail on things that are important to you.
8. It takes FOREVER for them to respond to a text.