A picture is worth a thousand words, but not all pictures are created equal.
We should warn our readers that some of these pictures may upset them, while others may fill them with joy. But that’s precisely because these images reflect some of the best and worst parts of the human experience and world events.
Some of these photographs may mean more to some of our readers than to others. But hopefully, they will remind us all that the world can always use a little bit more love, tolerance, compassion and understanding.
1. Starving boy and missionary
Image credits: Mike Wells
2. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber
Image credits: kligon5
3. Heart surgeon after 23-hour-long (successful) heart transplant. His assistant is sleeping in the corner.
Image credits: James Stanfield
4. Father and son (1949 vs 2009)
Image credits: Vojage-Vojage
5. Diego Frazão Torquato, 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music
Image credits: salvemasnoss.
6. A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano in Chechnya in 1994
Image credits: drugoi.livejournal.com
7. Young man just found out his brother was killed
Image credits: Nhat V. Meyer
8. Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt
Image credits: Nevine Zaki
9. A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009
Image credits: abc.net.au
10. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months
Image credits: Louie Favorite
11. Alcoholic father with his son
12. Embracing couple in the rubble of a collapsed factory
Image credits: Taslima Akhter
13. Sunset on Mars
Image credits: nasa.gov
14. Five-year-old gypsy boy on New Year’s Eve 2006 in the gypsy community of St. Jacques, Perpignan, Southern France. It is quite common in St. Jacques for little boys to smoke
Image credits: Jesco Denzel
15. Hhaing The Yu, 29, holds his face in his hand as rain falls on the decimated remains of his home near Myanmar’s capital of Yangon (Rangoon). In May 2008, cyclone Nargis struck southern Myanmar, leaving millions homeless and claiming more than 100,000 lives
16. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940
Image credits: Claud Detloff
17. An old WW2 Russian tank veteran finally found the old tank in which he passed through the entire war – standing in a small Russian town as a monument
Image credits: englishrussia.com
18. Flower power
Image credits: Bernie Boston
19. The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888
20. Demonstration of condom usage at a public market in Jayapura, capital of Papua, 2009
Image credits: Adri Tambunan
21. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk, July 1943
Image credits: Shirak Karapetyan-Milshtein
Update: Our reader Leif-Erik pointed out that this photograph was actually created in 2006-2007 for a photo competition. It is based on archive photos from the war in Russia in 1941-1945.
22. Some parents, likely now in their 70′s, still looking for their missing child.
Source TRUE ACTIVIST
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You May Also Like
- 20 Shocking Pictures Illustrate The Sad Reality Of Everyday Life
- Girlfriend Secretly Illustrates Everyday Life With Her BF, He Uploads Comics Online And They Go Viral
- Top 10 Self Help Books to Read Today
- 20 Typography Images That Visualize Mental Disorders Brilliantly