What kind of witch are you? Welcome to the Test of the Northern Witches. Here we are going to define what kind of help you are going to need, in order to fulfill your spiritual destiny. You see, we all come with advantages and particularities which make us unique. Yet, although we all come from the same Divine Tree, we are all one-of-a-kind. Connected yet independent.
Test of the Northern Witches
The Northern Witches were always known for their Crone skills. Living alone in the Woods, scaring the ‘normal’ people with their lifestyle. They were also known as ‘Fairy Doctors’ because these were the ones who used to employ natural remedies and the forces of nature for their spell casting. People visited the ‘Northern Witches’ with respect and let’s be frank… with some fear too.
The Northern Witches, as Crone Witches, didn’t always get along with society’s customs. Usually described as “anti-social”, they preferred the company of fairies, runes, and animals. This is why they become a target in the medieval years. People were afraid of their powers.
Familiars of the Witches
What are those things called familiars? Well, they are not exactly Totem Animals but they usually are Animal Archetypes which were chosen by Witches themselves or the ‘Lady’ / ‘Lord’ of the Coven. The Familiars were actual animals – linked with the Witch’s life force – which helped in their everyday magical practice.
Others believe that the Familiars were in fact disguised Fairies, who kept their identity secret, and they would only take their real form in very special occasions.
So make up your mind before reading the answer.
Which Familiar would you Choose?
Here Is The Test of The Northern Witches – Pick A Familiar
1. Bat – The Wicked Witch.
Bats are extremely clever creatures that have developed advanced social skills. And yes, they love to sit upside down. This unique skill makes them look weird compared to almost EVERY other living creature.
Moreover, their love for caves and the night associated them with nocturnal forces, magic, and spell-craft more than other animals. That’s exactly why the “bat’s blood ink” is considered one of the most potent magical tools. (Don’t worry, Bat’s blood is an euphemism and we do not use actual blood from Bats).
But this doesn’t mean that they don’t have a clear sense of the world. On the contrary, bats are considered to be very practical, ever observing their environment.
Your Bat Familiar wants to remind you the following advice.
- Go our with your Friends. Spending more time with the ones you love is a form of therapy. Don’t lose yourself in isolation. Rediscover your passion along with the ones you love.
- Enjoy your Shadow. We all have things we like to hide but what would be ever more creative is to embrace your Truth and transmute shame into inspiration. I mean why not kiss what you can’t fight? Be true to your heart and go out of the closet, embracing your truest identity.
- Stay Upside Down. Don’t change because society wants you to fit in absurd norms. Stay unique. Walk the way you want, talk the way you feel and dance the rhythm of your heartbeat. That’s real magic!
2. Spider – The Karma Witch
Spider is an animal sacred to the Goddess of Wisdom, Athena. This is probably why it is associated with spirituality. Moreover, the spider’s web symbolizes our material world. The web is nearly visible yet it’s real and strong. We are all connected in an invisible spider-like web. What goes around comes around. If a tiny piece of the web is affected, all web is affected and felt by the spider.
Your Spider Familiar wants to remind you the following advice.
- Good Work always pays off. Be patient. As the spider weaves the web and patiently waits for its prey, so should you weave your destiny’s path and patiently wait for the results. Do your best work and be ready for the opportunity.
- What goes around, comes around. If you do good, you actually do good to yourself. And this is proven! But if you harm someone, then ultimately you harm yourself. We are all part of this invisible web. Be sure that karma is real and we all learn this lesson, the easy way or not.
- Stay Connected. You are never alone. Stay connected with your friends, with your family, and the ones you love and work with. Moreover, stay connected with your environment, with nature, trees, and animals. Tap into the energy around you and use it!