The IT sector is growing with each passing day. New opportunities and challenges are being unearthed and this means that more IT experts are required, especially those who have the necessary skills and competencies to help bring new solutions to the IT sector. The process of finding the right person with proper skills becomes easier with the help of certification exams. This is beneficial for both the employees, as they can improve their level of knowledge, and the employers, who can easily use certificates as a hiring tool. Currently, there are numerous IT certifications that IT professionals can acquire but in this article, we will review only one of them – Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching.
The Cisco certification has been growing in popularity ever since it was initiated and the number of professionals seeking to acquire this certificate is steadily increasing over the past few years. It is especially popular among IT professionals such as System engineers, Network administrators, and IT managers who are willing to get extra knowledge about networks and networking.
The Cisco CCNA R&S certification is geared towards helping IT professionals improve their networking skills. Many organizations are moving towards having controller-based kinds of structures and architectures. With this in mind, the role of network engineers is set to expand and this creates a need for new skills and knowledge. Among all the available certifications in this IT area, CCNA Routing and Switching are the best ones to acquire. It offers a good foundational platform for professionals to get skills in both new and current networking technologies. As you may expect, the CCNA R&S credential is mainly focused on two primary areas: routing and switching technologies.
To acquire the Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching certification, a candidate will have two options to choose from: it is possible to pass the CCNA 200-125 test or two closely related exams – ICND1 100-105 and ICND2 200-105. The exam is structured in a manner that differentiates it from the other similar certifications. Students are required to go through 50 to 60 questions within a time period of 90 minutes. The questions can be in different formats, including multiple-choice, drag-and-drop, simulations, and tests. To pass this certification test, the candidates must score a minimum of 800 points out of 1000 possible. Once you have passed the exam, you will be awarded a certificate that is valid for three years after which you will be required to renew it by sitting for another test.
Tips for passing the Cisco CCNA R&S exam
There are a number of useful tips that one can follow to efficiently prepare for the exam and subsequently pass it without any complications. Here they are:
- Develop a habit to study on a regular basis as this will help you cover all the needed topics in time.
- Develop a study plan for yourself which will reveal to you the topics you should give priority to.
- Ensure to make good use of the available online resources such as practice exams and quizzes which may be useful in acquiring extensive knowledge on the according to exam topics.
- Start preparing for the test as soon as you get the final exam date – this will give you enough time to cover all the studying materials, and the whole preparation process will cause less stress in you.
- If you find yourself stuck or face any challenges, always seek help from your teacher or classmates. They will definitely be glad to help you overcome the difficulties.
- Highlight your weak points and establish a good study plan that will help you focus on these areas more and improve your overall knowledge of the subject.
- Writing short notes may also help you a lot in terms of remembering the material and saving your time which you would otherwise spend on reading countless books when the exam approaches.
- Avoid unnecessary panic and stay confident during the exam just like you always do. Remember to focus only on the exam and do not let anything distract you.
Top reasons to become certified in Cisco CCNA R&S
Holding the Cisco CCNA R&S certificate bears numerous advantages for a future IT professional:
- The ability to improve one’s knowledge and skills in the area of networks and networking. Many network engineers are seeking this certification as a way to expand their knowledge about network fundamentals and network technologies.
- The Cisco CCNA R&S certification will help to prove to your current or potential employers that you are competent enough to handle networking assignments.
- With this Cisco certification, you will be able to discuss with your employer a salary increase at the right time. It also helps open up numerous other job opportunities.
- With this certification, professionals get the fundamental basics of networking which are always needed for getting other Cisco certifications of a higher level.
- If you feel you want to boost your IT resume, then this certification can surely give you a great bonus just for that.
Top resources to help you prepare for the Cisco CCNA R&S exam
There are a number of resources that the students can use in their exam preparations. These include:
CCNA study material – this is a very good site that will definitely be of help to any student who wants to update his knowledge of networking and other IT skills.
PrepAway.com – the site has grown in popularity due to its engaging and interactive study materials and resources. It offers a good platform, which offers the students access to all the PrepAway Cisco CCNA 200-125 certification exam dumps and related training courses.
Exam-Labs.com – a good resource where you can get access to numerous tests that will greatly help you prepare well for the actual exam.
LearnCisco.net – the site contains interactive content that pertains to the Cisco CCNA R&S certification exam. The provided materials will greatly help you in your preparations for this exam.