The Oasis Test – Relational Psychology Quiz!
You’re walking down the road and you see a box. You walk up to the box and look inside of it. What does the box contain?
Now picture yourself in the position of being able to retire right now. Where would you spend the rest of your life?
You’ve been wandering around a desert all day completely lost. In the distance, you see a village. You also see a deserted oasis full of water, plants and food. Which do you go to?
What would you do if you suddenly lost everything?
Tomorrow is Sunday, what do you plan to do?
If you found yourself in a tight spot, where would you go for help? Who would you ask?
If you could pick one age to be for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If you were told you had 24 hours to live, how would you spend that time?
If your home was on fire and you could save only one thing, what would you save?
The meanings are listed below!
1. What you found in the box is representative of the kind of luck you think you’d have in an unexpected circumstance. Was the box empty? You might not feel that lucky. Was the box full of money or puppies? You may consider yourself luckier.
2. If the place you chose to retire in was where you are already, you’re probably pretty comfortable with life. If you chose a far off destination, you’re likely a dreamer or romantic. If you can’t decide, you likely have few loyalties and attachments.
3. If you went to the oasis, you likely prefer to play over work. If you went to the village, you generally assume responsibility for yourself and others in your care.
4. If you looked to make a fresh start after losing everything, you’re likely the kind of person who takes responsibility for your actions and doesn’t simply react intensely to life’s circumstances.
5. What you plan to do on Sunday reflects your financial habits. Sundays are a day you’re free to do what you want. If you stayed home and relaxed, you likely don’t spend much. If you went out and did some physical activity, you’re likely a saver. If you simply walked around, you’re likely very thrifty. If you went out and bought an awesome new TV, well…
6. If you’re the type who sought to fix things yourself, you’re likely a strong character leading a self-assured life. If you turned to friends or family, you’re likely a bit insecure. If you seek legal advice, you’re probably a lawyer.
7. The age you chose represents when you were happiest. If you thought of a very young age, it may mean you miss childhood. If you thought of older age, it means you likely long for maturity. I chose 22 because that’s when I think I was the most handsome and able-bodied and I could also buy beer.
8. If you chose your family to spend time with, you’re likely very sentimental. If you wanted to be alone, you’re likely discontent with your life. If you threw a party, it means you’re likely to feel at peace with the knowledge of your demise.