Are you bored with the mundane life? Looking for a heavy dose of inspiration to get off your butt? Here’re some powerful quotes that will motivate you to start. This post is a compilation of 32 carefully selected sentences that are jam-packed with wisdom and are truly some of the most powerful and wisest quotes ever written by the world’s wisest thinkers.
Here are some of the most powerful life-changing quotes
1. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.“ – Winston Churchill
2. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.“ – Helen Keller
3. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.“ – Albert Einstein
4. “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.“ – C.S Lewis
5. “Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.“
– Lao Tzu
6. “Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is a fruit of love, the verb.“ – Stephen Covey
7.” Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
8. “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” – Viktor Frankl
9. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.“– George Bernard Shaw
10. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
11. “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” – Michel De Montaigne
12. “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” – Nelson Mandela
13. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.“ – Oliver Wendell Holmes
14. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.“– Martin Luther King Jr.
15. “Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words.
Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.
Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.“
– Chinese proverb, author unknown
16. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.“ – Confucius
17. “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.”– Heraclitus
18. “True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful.“ – Paul Sweeney
19. “What we know is a drop, what we don’t know is an ocean.” – Isaac Newton
20. “Many people are passionate, but because of their limiting beliefs about who they are and what they can do, they never take actions that could make their dream a reality“ – Anthony Robins
21.” One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.“– Abraham Maslow
22. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.“ – Mary Engelbreit
23. “We must love them both, those whose opinions we share and those whose opinions we reject, for both have labored in the search for truth, and both have helped us in finding it.“– Thomas Aquinas
24. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.“ – George Bernhard Shaw