How To Stop Over-Thinking
- Plan a specific time to think about it.
- Put a time limit on it. Don’t allow over-thinking to continue endlessly.
- Distract yourself.
- Firmly tell yourself to stop thinking about it.
- Write it down.
- Limit your choices. Fewer choices makes deciding easier.
- Let go of perfection. Strive for “good enough” rather than perfect.
- Embrace mistakes. Mistakes and disagreements are part of the growth process.
- Stay present-focused. Don’t spend time in “what if land”.
– Sharon Martin, LCSW