Menopause is the physiological period that occurs in the life of any woman and is manifested by the extinction of reproductive function due to hormonal changes in the body. The change usually begins in women over the age of 45 years and older and lasts about 10 years. Herbal treatment is best for it.
The main symptom of menopausal changes is the gradual cessation of menstruation. In addition, a woman may experience symptoms such as increased sweating, hot flashes, a sharp change in mood, increased irritability, tearfulness, pressure fluctuations, and skin dryness. The application of herbal treatment for menopause affects positively these phenomena.
Treatment for menopause
It should be remembered that climacteric changes are a natural physiological process, so, it is not about to look for the treatment for menopause condition as it is, but about alleviating the symptoms and preventing the early onset of menopause. For this purpose, a woman can be prescribed hormonal, symptomatic, restorative treatment, psychotherapy. To make up for insufficient ovarian function, hormone replacement therapy can be chosen.
Proper nutrition, normalization of work and rest regimen, normal physical and psychological state will help to avoid early menopause, as well as facilitate its course.
A doctor should prescribe medications for menopause, taking into account the current state of health of the woman, her age, the presence of concomitant diseases, and individual characteristics of the body. The treatment for menopause choice without a consultation with a specialist is unacceptable and can lead to the development of a number of complications.
Natural treatment for menopause
Herbal remedies facilitate the course of menopause, thanks to them the woman will be able to return to a normal, full life. Most often, at home, women in menopause use infusions, and decoctions of herbs, but another kind of natural treatment for menopause is also great for relieving the symptoms of climacteric changes: beekeeping products, fruits, and juices. The main goal of all-natural remedies is to support the body during physiological changes, normalize hormonal balance, and boost immunity.
As the best menopause supplements, agents containing phytoestrogens are used – natural substances that are very similar in structure to the female sex hormone estrogen. Phytoestrogens contain the following plants:
- Wild yams and black cohosh. As the herbal treatment for menopause, they are the best among plants to regulate the hormonal background of women in menopause due to the high level of compounds having a similar to estradiol structure and, therefore, can contribute to the self-regulation of the female reproductive system.
- Sage. It reduces perspiration and migraines.
- Dill (seeds). The plant relieves anxiety and has a mild laxative and diuretic effect, reduces flatulence.
- Red clover. It eliminates hot flashes, mood swings, excessive sweating and fights insomnia.
- Red brush. It treats the inflammatory processes of the female reproductive system, eliminates hormonal imbalance, restores, rejuvenates the body. One of the best ways of treatment for menopause.
- Flax seeds. The plant reduces the frequency of hot flashes, normalize digestion. A woman becomes more calm and balanced.
- Hop. It normalizes metabolic processes in the body, promotes the production of estrogen, has a neutropenic and sedative effect, improves the condition of the mucous membranes.
- Oregano, chamomile, hawthorn, and St. John’s wort. These herbs are used mainly together as a mix for infusions in the natural treatment for menopause.
- Rowan. Mountain ash has a positive effect on the hormonal sphere of a woman. After consuming an infusion of mountain ash, a woman no longer suffers from heart palpitations and dizziness. Hot flashes and the sticky sweat disappear.
- Maitake mushroom. It has the ability to reduce the discomfort and problems associated with menopause in women (Japanese doctor Kazuko Isudze claims that taking maitake mushroom during menopause saves women from frequent hot flashes, sweating, excessive irritability, and heart palpitations).
Also during menopause, it is recommended to apply to soothing herbal treatment for menopause based on:
- Valerian reduces causeless anxiety, stabilizes blood pressure, and evens heart rate;
- Motherwort eliminates irritability, cramps and makes sleep stronger;
- Peppermint relieves nervousness.
Particularly noteworthy are bee products, which comprehensively affect the body, increasing immunity and improving the functioning of all organs. In addition to vitamins and minerals, uterine milk contains hormones, so, it is often recommended to take as the part of treatment for menopause.