6. They cannot fully commit.
Emotionally unavailable people make you feel like your relationship is going somewhere and never actually take the next step. They continue the relationship for as long as it works for them, but they don’t actually see a future with you. One minute he’ll be talking about your future together, and the next he’ll tell you that he’s not ready to get that serious.
7. They are unable to truly love you.
True love happens when two people are the most vulnerable version of themselves, and they still love each other anyway. You are going to be the only vulnerable person in a relationship with an emotionally unavailable person. He’s going to do things that make you feel loved on the surface, but he won’t give you what you need for the long haul.
8. They are honest with where they stand.
Emotionally unavailable people are always honest with their lack of interest in making a full commitment. Their honesty is not always direct or perfectly clear, but they put themselves in a position that when you question something they can back it up with, “remember when I told you…”
The most important thing to understand about an emotionally unavailable person is that their inability to be the person you wish they would be has nothing to do with you. That also does not mean that you should sacrifice your time, your energy, or your soul for someone who cannot give you what you need.
Are you dating an emotionally unavailable person? Share your thoughts with us.
Related Video: 8 Beautiful Life Lessons You Can Learn From One Sided Love
You may also like:
- 16 Ways To Tell If Your Man Is Emotionally Unavailable (And May Never Love You)
- 10 Reasons Why Your Man Avoids Getting Emotionally Attached To You
- 6 Dominant Personality Traits of Emotionally Unavailable Men You Should NEVER Expect Love From
- 10 Signs That Your Partner Is Becoming Emotionally Detached
- 3 Reasons Why You Fall For Emotionally Unavailable Partners