What To Do When Your Partner Shuts Down
1. Simply notice they have started to shut down (catching this early is helpful).
2. Realize they didn’t shut down because they don’t care. It’s their wiring. They withdraw to feel safe.
3. Focus on making it feel safe for them to return and reconnect.
4. Shift your energy to feel softer and gentler (less like an attack).
5. Slow down your talking or pause. They likely feel emotionally flooded.
6. See them for their good intentions, strengths, and things to appreciate. This will help them reengage.
Relationship Quotes, centerforthrivingrelationships Quotes