How Your Introversion Helps You Learn More as a Student
As it turns out, introverts and extroverts are different not only when it comes to relationships with other people but also when it comes to studying. How do the differences exactly look like? How being an introvert may influence your ability to get high marks at college or university? Find out in this article what is an introvert and what really is the surprising case about introverts and learning new things.
What is an introvert
A lot of people have already heard that there is something called introversion. However, not everybody knows for sure what is an introvert and how to know that you have just met one. There are some specific behaviors that may allow you to identify an introvert at school. You can quickly learn them below.
You will also learn some new things about how some special kinds of personality are connected with successful learning at high school, college or university. It may sound at least a bit surprising but it the truth that people with a type of personality called introversion have some special benefits in studying. Is it really no false and what are some things which often make introverts better students than extroverts? Discover it in this article. You may find the information especially useful if you are an introvert or if you know a person who represents these groups of people.
Introversion and studies
First things first – you ought to be aware that there are, in fact, many different learning types. You have maybe already heard that the most popular ones include the introvert and extrovert. Have you ever wondered how to spot an introvert? People with this kind of personality especially like being alone most of the time. Therefore, introverts in school may often among others:
- sit by themselves during breaks – they feel the most comfortable when they are in a quiet spot with no company,
- seem shy and quiet when meeting new people – introverts sometimes tend to feel unconfident when they have to cooperate with others,
- avoid taking part in some school trips – they prefer spending time in well-known conditions such as their private house,
- learn alone – introverts understand themselves better than anyone else, and they focus the most efficient when they are alone,
- seem confused when asked by classmates about essay writing help– they may have troubles trusting individuals who they are not yet friends with,
- refuse an invitation to some parties – they enjoy relaxing on their own, introverts often enjoy such activities as reading or walking their dog,
- avoid extracurricular activities – school time is enough for people with this type of personality to be out of the home,
- feel stressed out when they are forced to speak in public – they do not be in the eyes of a bigger group.
Now you know how introverts usually behave like. How to succeed as an introvert? Their preference to be alone may actually for them be helpful when it comes to gaining knowledge. Some people may think that it cannot be the truth. After all, extroverts should learn the best because they know very well how to cooperate with others. It seems like introversion may bring some other advantages which turn out to be useful at school.
Introverts like spending time alone at home. Therefore, they have a lot of free time when they often spend learning. Extroverts are often too busy for long studies because of many parties, extracurricular activities or school trips. Introverts focus carefully on themselves and their inner strengths as well as weaknesses. It helps them understand their body and mind. Is it useful in gaining knowledge?
Yes, it brings a lot of benefits. Introverts know what works the best way in their individual case. They become their very own personal teachers and are able to develop successful techniques which allow them to study in the most effective way. It seems like being an introvert does really help in getting some satisfying marks, does it not?
Introverts are great students
Of course, every person is different so there is no any guarantees that a person with a specific type of personality will be the perfect students. However, it may help to understand whether you are an introvert or rather an extrovert. Thanks to that, you may feel better and learn easier. You will also be able to choose techniques of studying which will be the most beneficial in your case.
Introverts are often amazing students in spite of the fact that they often have some issues when it comes to socializing with some new people. Introversion allows you to spend more time reading books and no hanging out with others. Moreover, thanks to this special kind of personality, you may be able to find some interesting learning techniques easier.