Here are the traits of an Empath. (See if any of these sound familiar to you. If they do, I recommend researching how to control the skill):
* Random mood swings even though you have no idea why. You search for possible reasons why you may be feeling the way you do and attach labels that don’t really fit.
* In crowds, your emotions run high and change often–you get anxiety-ridden, panicky, frustrated, angry. You may want to be in a large crowd, but every time you are, you end up feeling tired (and it’s because you emotionally run a marathon of different emotions).
* People seek you out to confide in you
* People like being around you, but every time they are, they end up talking about their problems/issues while your problems/issues are rarely spoken of, if at all.
* You have a need to make everyone feel better/feel happier and you take steps to that end
* You somehow just “know” what people need to hear in order to feel better about themselves
* You have difficulty expressing your own emotions and much prefer to focus on someone else
* You often ignore people’s bad treatment of you–explaining it away because they need you, and on some level, that’s enough for you.
* You are the natural healer, helper & you always sacrifice for others. You NEED to help people.
* You are a magnet/receptacle for negative energy. Not because you started out feeling negative, but because people around you need a place to put their negative energy (and there you were, ready to receive it!).
* You don’t like feeling bad/down/negative/sad, but you feel resigned & believe it to be part of your lot in life
* You are the natural animal lover! You love animals–they make you feel happy and a love that feels like pure innocence.
* You are a “nature baby.” Being in the country, by the water, at the beach, a good rain storm, etc.–anything to do with nature brings you a sense of peace you simply crave.