Are you an introvert?
Take this quiz to find out where you fall on the introvert-extrovert spectrum. Answer each question True or False, choosing the answer that applies to you more often than not.
1. I prefer one-on-one conversations to group activities.
2. I often prefer to express myself in writing.
3. I enjoy solitude.
4. I seem to care about wealth, fame and status less than my peers.
5. I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in depth about topics that matter to me.
6. People tell me that I’m a good listener.
7. I’m not a big risk taker.
8. I enjoy work that allows me to “drive in” with few interruptions.
9. I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members.
10. People describe me as “soft-spoken” or “mellow”.
11. I do my best work on my own.
12. I tend to think before I speak.
13. I feel drained after being out and, even if I’ve enjoyed myself. I need solitude to re-energize.
14. I often let calls go through to voicemail.
15. In classroom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.
The more often you answer True, the more introverted you probably are.