Generalized Anxiety Disorder, or GAD, can seem like a condition that is taking over your life. It is hard to work with and the symptoms are bad enough to disrupt your whole life. The excessive amount of worry can make you feel miserable and it is important to take care of the condition as soon as possible. Some of the effective ways that you can treat GAD include.
The first option to consider is psychotherapy, which is also known as talk therapy. This is an effective treatment that is able to help with all of the different causes for GAD. There are two options that you can use for this including acceptance and commitment therapy, or ACT, and cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT.
CBT is a great treatment for GAD. It will include different components to help handle all of the things that can cause anxiety. It allows you to work with a therapist for 8 to 15 sessions, along with some homework, to help rework the brain and help reduce worrisome thoughts, deal with stress, calm the nervous system, and help handle anxiety.
ACT is an option to choose as well. With this treatment, your goal is to accept your thoughts without any work to reduce or alter them. This helps you to focus on the moment and what is going on right now rather than letting all of the anxiety so you can live your life.
Gabapentin: Mimics the Actions of GABA
Gabapentin may be an effective medication to help those who have anxiety. While it is often used to help treat epileptic seizures, it may be able to help with GAD as well. When taken correctly, it can help those with GAD to have fewer symptoms including a lower tendency to overuse alcohol, fewer depressive symptoms, and an improvement of phobic avoidance. If you feel that your anxiety is overwhelming and nothing else is working, it may be time to try out Gabapentin.
This is just one of the medications that you are able to work with. You can discuss these choices with your doctor to ensure you are going with the right one to treat your anxiety as well. There are different choices to ensure that you are getting exactly what you need for the root cause of the anxiety.
There are also different home remedies that you are able to work with to help calm the nerves and ensure that your anxiety is no longer able to take over your life any longer. Some of the home remedies that you can try include:
- Essential oils: There are several essential oils that can help with anxiety. Lavender is a great choice because it can help you to feel calm and collected no matter what is going on around you.
- CBD oil: There is some research to show how CBD, when taken with the permission of your doctor, can help ease some feelings of anxiety.
- Weighted blanket: Picking one that weighs between 4 to 3 pounds can help ground the body, which is effective at reducing anxiety.
- Lifestyle changes: Exercising and eating healthy can help to reduce anxiety because your body is being taken care of better than before.
- Breathing techniques: Meditation is a good option here, but you can also utilize options that just help you to breathe and center yourself.
Helping Heal Your Anxiety
Anxiety is an issue that many people deal with but it may seem like an impossible burden that you are not able to handle on your own. With the help of the tips and treatments above, you will be able to handle the anxiety and get your life back.