The point is to drag them out from their shell. They will start interacting with the world again and will slowly open up to you.
3. Be patient with the person suffering from depression.
Remember, whatever a depressed person says out of anger is not intentional. It’s just an outburst reflecting their inner turmoil.
Give them an ear to listen to them and a shoulder to cry on.
Depression can be fatal. If you understand depression well, you can pull back a depressed person into positivity once again. They need our help, our patience, our support and a lot of warmth and love.
You May Also Like:
- 8 Things You MUST Know To Understand Your Partner’s Depression
- 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Depressed Person
- How I Knew I Was Depressed
- How I Use CBT When I Am Feeling Depressed
- How Depression and Addiction Can Be Correlated