Let go of any idea that your thoughts, needs and wishes will be respected. Your emotional well-being is not of their concern. They will never feel your pain as you struggle to make sense of the hurt they cause you as a result of their cruel words and actions. You are more than likely just being too sensitive.
Grow accustomed to their anger and absorb their rage and expect to bear the brunt of these uncontrollable episodes.
Learn to forgive them their misdemeanours over and over again but don’t expect them to forgive yours.
As your life slips by, try not to dwell on the past, on the ‘what ifs’ or the ‘ could have beens’.
Try not to think of how much better life would have been if you had walked away all those years ago. It was your decision to stay with someone who will never appreciate the sacrifices you made for them.
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You may also like
- Why It’s Okay To Cut Toxic Family Members Out of Your Life
- Family Ties – When to Let Go
- Why Do Narcissists Abuse Those They Love?
- You Don’t Miss The Person, But The Idea Of That Person
- Can a Narcissist Love?
- 5 Love Languages of an Empath and a Narcissist