6th Trait: Compassion
In all the major religions across the world, compassion has been the key driving factor behind human welfare. Without compassion, there is no sense of brotherhood and communion among human souls.
An emotionally mature person has transformed themselves into a vessel of compassion, because for them, human virtues outweigh any scope for selfish gains. They know that without compassion, humanity will eventually doom itself through conflict and greed.
The world inherited by the next generated, if lacks compassion, then would disintegrate into a cradle of decadence and individualism, solely concerned with material gain. The emotionally mature ones realizes this and is motivated to cultivate as much compassion as possible.
You May Also Like:
- 12 Ways To Improve Emotional Intelligence Through Self Care
- 3 Tips For Men To Increase Their Emotional Intelligence in Relationships
- 7 Stages of Change: How to Cope with The Emotions Of Each
- Do you possess high Emotional Intelligence/ EQ?
- 4 Ways To Cope With Negative Emotions