Do you think that people can live without love?
This question is so complex, yet so simple. There can be a million different answers and in-depth thoughts that go along with this five-word question.
However, no matter the thousands of thoughts and hundreds of insights and different answers—the only answer, in my opinion, is two letters, one word, no.
No. No one can live without love.
People might think they can. Some people may go through their entire lives, chasing after something, something to feel the void in their life. They become the most successful business person or they become the best at whatever line of work they are in. Once they become the best and the most successful, what is left? Once you have traveled the world alone, checked off all the things on your bucket list and have done everything you have ever wanted to do, what is left?
If you have no one to love and spend your time with, there really is no point. At the end of the day, when you have nothing left and your workday is over—what do you have? What do you have if there is no one for you to come home too?
I truly, honestly, and wholeheartedly believe that people cannot live without love. Not just romantic love and intimate love, but love in general. Love is what keeps us alive. There is no better feeling than being loved and appreciated.
Just knowing someone is there for you and will love you no matter what is the best feeling in the world. When you feel as if you have nothing, there is one thing that you have, and that is love.
Nothing excites me more than the thought of being in love and having someone to come home to at the end of the day.
I guess it is just hard for me to understand why you would want to live without love. Love is all you need. I know it sounds super cliché, and like a low-budget rom-com film, but that is the truth. As human beings, we need an emotional connection. We need someone to be there for us and talk to us. We need someone to be there for us. To talk to us. To love us.
No, people cannot live without love.
There are times when people can be heartbroken and swear off love for a certain amount of time. We all experience heartbreak, however, heartbreak makes us strong. It makes us strong and ready for when the right one comes around. I do not believe in cheesy fairy tales, or happily ever after’s, but I do believe in love.
I believe that as humans, if we were able to live without love, then there would be no explanation for why people would die for love. There are people who die for the ability to love. Why would people with same-sex attraction fight for so many years for the ability to be in love if they did not believe in it?
There is just no explanation for that besides love. Love always wins. Not just intimate or physical relations, but love in general.
The worst part about love is the possibility of a heart break. The best part about love is all the perks that come through with it. Love is all we need. When we have nothing, we sill have love.
Being lonely is one of the worst and depressed feelings in the world.
Fifteen Reasons Why People Can’t Live Without Love:
- Love gives people a sense of security and comfort. Having someone to be there for you and to comfort you on a regular basis is one reason people cannot live without love.
- The feeling of being wanted is a reason people cannot live without love. When we are wanted, we feel needed and as if we have a responsibility.
- Because of love, people have a desire to do good.
- Love gives people a reason to be alive.
- Love makes someone want to become a better person.
- Love can make the meanest person in the world become soft.
- Love makes us happy and it helps us find the joy in our lives.
- Love makes us do crazy things that we would never dream of doing before.
- Love gives us a reason to be alive. When we are in love, we are focusing on more than ourselves. We are no longer just living for our own happiness, but for our partner’s happiness as well.
- Love gives us a sense of belonging and gives us a person to call home.
- The people we love will always be there for us.
- Love teaches us a lot about ourselves. It teaches us to be kind, forgiving, caring, and to look outside of ourselves.
- Love makes us strong. When we experience heart break, we get through things that we did not think were possible.
- Love is a teacher.
- Love is something that makes us whole. When we have nothing, we still have love. Whether it be our family, friends, or soulmate—love will never leave us.
David Samuel described love perfect in a poem. His words say,