Now, I am sure you must be wondering how on earth this was the best decision I have ever made. This decision led to tons of hard questions and self reflection, which made me realise:
- I had no idea who I was, I had no hobbies and my life was filled with coping mechanisms
- I was depressed and felt completely lost and alone
- I suppressed all of my feelings in the attempt to always help others
- I have always loved and cared on a very deep level, but didn’t realise it was due to the lack of love I received throughout my life
- my self worth and acceptance of the absolute minimum in terms of love was an eye opener.
- I needed change and I knew that for me to be happy, I needed faith and to be that change. To give myself the love and care I needed
In the last 6 I have completely turned my life around, my perspective on life and love has changed and I have actively regained control of my destiny and the life I want to live. This is a daily commitment, with growth and self care / self love being the main factors. It’s important to note that everyone has their own path that is completely different and unique to you only, so walk your path with your head held high and own it!
There were a number of important aspects relative to my journey that might be of value to you:
- Stay true to yourself and seek help if required, entering your darkness is vital for the healing process and it is OK to ask for help
- Happiness, peace and love is found within and its ok to walk this journey alone. Our only responsibility is to look after ourselves by becoming our own best friend. Take baths, go for walks, find a way to express yourself and accept your past
- Everything in life is either a lesson or has beauty to be appreciated. The second you take away the control something has over your emotions, the universe will show how everything you have been searching for was always right in front of you
- You don’t need the answers for everything, appreciate the message you received and move on.
- start turning your most frustrating parts of your day into moments where you reflect on everything to be grateful for, or simply zone out and enjoy the silence. Stress, anxiety and overthinking will soon become matters of the past as you refuse to lower your vibrations for the brain trying to take back control
- Know your worth and don’t settle for anything less, but remain kind and loving
So, if you are going through heartbreak and you feel like you don’t have the strength to get back up, if you feel like crying and breaking down for no reason, if you are wondering what the point of life is and why it seems like you are destined to never find the happiness and love you so deeply crave and want to give back to the world – this next bit might be just what you need to find the strength and faith to get back up!
I am begging you to keep fighting and know that you are worthy!
You are worthy of happiness, you are worthy of love and peace of mind! I am begging you to get up; you owe it to yourself to keep fighting for your life as you have done time and time again. I am begging you to keep fighting for love and from this very moment onward you commit your love and care to the person who needs it most, you! 6 months later and I am still standing, I am stronger and wiser and you will be too!