Do not try to be a therapist to a narcissist. This is not only dangerous, impossible, and can backfire, but can damage a partner’s own self and self-esteem.
Instead, partners should learn all about narcissism, reclaim their self and self-esteem and take the steps in Dealing with Narcissist: 8 Steps to Raise Self-Esteem and Set Boundaries with Difficult People.
© Darlene Lancer 2015.
Published in The Therapist, July, 2015
Written by Darlene Lancer
Originally appeared in WhatIsCodependency.com
You may also like:
- 6 Lies Narcissistic Parents Make Their Children Believe
- Narcissists Love To Spoil Special Occasions
- Yes, Narcissists Can Change – Here’s How
- How and Why Narcissists Try to Destroy You With Circular Conversations
- Narcissus And Echo: The Heartbreak Of Relationships With Narcissists