2. Promotes better sleep
If you have trouble falling asleep or suffering from insomnia, then earthing can be an unlikely remedy. A study released by PubMed found that walking barefoot impacts our physiological processes and helps us relax better. It was also found that individuals who practice earthing regularly slept better compared to those who didn’t walk barefoot daily according to The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Earthing helps to stabilize circadian rhythms leading to better sleep.
“Soil is earth’s barefoot and when we walk barefoot, two barefoot touches each other with love!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
3. Improves immunity
Walking barefoot helps to stimulate our nervous system, boosts our immune system, and makes us less vulnerable to diseases. Studies have found that inflammatory-related diseases may occur due to a weak immune system which could be a result of disconnection from the earth. Grounding can help fix this. By absorbing electrons from the earth and donating it to the affected areas in need of immune support, we can prevent long-term health problems.
Another report by the Journal of Environmental and Public Health found that earthing can help to increase red blood cell count and decrease white blood cell count, signifying a decisive immune response. Moreover, if you have an auto-immune condition, then walking barefoot is highly recommended. Apart from increasing immunity, earthing also boosts oxygen levels in the body leading to reduced chronic pain.
4. Improves nervous system
When you walk barefoot even at home, it helps to activate certain acupuncture points in your foot. This stimulates your veins and nerves and boosts your nervous system. If you are diabetic and suffer from acute pain due to varicose veins then walking barefoot regularly can help you a lot.
5. Reduces stress and anxiety
“In a beautiful morning, walking barefoot to the work through the green fields with the company of the singing birds… and there you shall meet the real happiness!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Going outside and spending time in nature can itself help to alleviate your stress. Earthing in a park or a beach can greatly reduce your anxiety levels and regulate your emotions. By coming in direct contact with the soil on a daily basis, you can help treat depression, stress, and anxiety and improve your emotional health to a great extent.
6. Controls blood pressure
Research has found that earthing stimulates the nerves in our feet which releases stress and helps us relax mentally and physically. As walking barefoot reduces stress levels, your blood pressure gets stable and is controlled automatically.
7. Boosts energy level
If you’ve ever been out in nature, you must have felt a higher level of energy in your surroundings and within you. That’s why when you connect with nature directly by walking barefoot, you absorb the higher frequencies released by nature which boosts your own energy levels.
Exposure to technology and our modern world has significantly affected our vitality. Earthing in nature regularly can help us restore balance and keep our energy levels high during the day.
“You learn a lot when you’re barefoot. The first thing is every step you take is different.” – Michael Franti
Apart from these, there are many other benefits of walking barefoot and reconnecting with the earth. Some of these include:
- As certain pressure points on our feet are connected to the nerves in the eyes, earthing can help to improve overall eyesight.
- Women experiencing premenstrual syndrome and menstrual cramps can alleviate the severity of the issues by walking barefoot.
- By improving our nervous system, earthing helps to make our cardiovascular system healthier.
- Walking barefoot in nature helps us relax and be more mindful, and improve our focus and mood.
- The practice of regular earthing can also help to normalize biological circadian rhythms.
- It can also help to reduce headaches, tense muscles and even delayed onset muscle soreness usually experienced after physical exercise.
- Earthing can significantly help to protect our body from the harmful effects of electromagnetic fields or EMFs.
- Walking barefoot regularly can also help to improve our overall posture.
- It helps to neutralize free radicals in our body and decreases oxidative stress allowing us to recover from exhaustion, fatigue, and trauma.
- Barefoot walking can immediately affect our DNA in a positive way.