You think people are devoid of emotional purity to qualify as true empaths. Hence, you keep suppressing your feelings even when you’re seriously hurt or traumatized.
5. Even When You Do Communicate, You Struggle To Fully Express
Suppose you meet the right person and feel convinced about opening up. You feel that this person can understand your feelings and start communicating your emotions to them.
Now, given your fully functional conviction, there are two ways things can go. Either you’ll find it extremely difficult to express since the very beginning. You’ll stammer, hesitate, overthink, be at a loss of words. Or you find the person not being able to relate and empathize with your situation, prompting you to stop sharing any further.
You feel shattered knowing that the person you considered sensitive enough has turned out to be the wrong one. This in turn makes you believe that meeting the right person is a myth, thus fueling your hesitation to open up the next time. You keep regressing into your solitary shell thus detaching yourself from the world.
Related Video: The 7 Physical Signs of Extreme Sadness
You May Also Like:
- 9 Things That Every Deep Thinker With A Sensitive Soul Will Understand
- The 7 Superpowers of Sensitive Souls
- 7 Tips to Help A Highly Sensitive Child Flourish in School
- 15 Things That Lead To Frequent Emotional Burnout in Empaths and Highly Sensitive People
- Sensitive People Are Like Angels With Broken Wings