-Take this on a case-by-case basis. If the person is a higher up at your company, then yeah, you probably shouldn’t go around warning people. But you should stay away as much as you can.
6. Think For Yourself.
Sociopaths prey on people who have trouble thinking for themselves or who are looking for too much guidance. The best way you can make yourself immune to the sociopath’s charms or to not be susceptible to meeting future sociopaths is to make sure that you know who you are and are able to develop your own ideas and to see the world through your own eyes. Sociopaths stay away from strong-minded people and original thinkers because they know they’ll have a hard time controlling them.
- Though it can take a lifetime to truly think for yourself, making an effort to be informed about current events, to understand multiple perspectives of any situation, and to spend time with people whose beliefs are different from yours can go a long way in helping you become a truly original thinker.
- Part of it has to do with confidence. If you’re confident in yourself, you’ll have more confidence in your ideas. And you’ll be much more likely to scare away any sociopaths who come your way!
7. Give Up Fear Of The Sociopath.
Instead, use your own thinking skills (as previously noted) and use reason and calmness to respond. For starters, a sociopath can fake everything, including all the listed items above, so if this person is pretending, there is little point playing up to a hollow cut-out. Second, sociopaths are intelligent and this may well be a source of your own distress, trying to keep up or make a pretense at being as clever or as knowing, or more likely, dodging their overwhelming need to make their own intelligence or cleverness the center of everything. If you give up fearing the sociopath, and stop trying to be better than or at the same level as the sociopath, but rather, become far more accepting of your own self and appreciate what makes you worthy and valuable, a sociopath will have a hard time manipulating you. The majority of sociopaths are not killers, sadists or monsters; they’re human beings who need to be handled with care. They do not choose to be a sociopath just as you don’t choose to be a victim of their wiles. However, you can make it harder or easier for a sociopath to manipulate your weaker self, so the choice lies with you. Educate yourself about the means through which human beings manipulate and mistreat one another and arm yourself with the methods by which you undermine such treatment and get on with your own life.
-This is not to say the sociopath will appreciate you showing your strong self and refusing to be taken in. However, the sociopath will stop expending energy on you and making further attempts to manipulate you because he or she will know you will call them out on it, every single time. That gets to be boring, and no sociopath likes boredom.
Related Video – 12 Red Flags You Are Being Psychologically Manipulated
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You May Also Like
- Is Your Partner A Sociopath Or A Narcissist?
- 15 Reasons Narcissists and Sociopaths Lie
- 3 Mental States That Narcissists and Sociopaths Manipulate in Others
- Empathic People Are Natural Targets For Sociopaths .