The main factors that must be kept in mind are:
1. One must refrain from having too much caffeine or alcohol-related products because caffeine is a stimulant that can stay in your system for hours, making it harder to get to sleep and potentially contributing to insomnia.
2. It is advisable to do yoga, deep breathing or meditation before going to sleep. Also listening to soothing music notes may help a lot in having a good night’s sleep.
3. In order to prevent brain exhaustion, it is better to pen down a to-do list for the next day so that some amount of the anxieties are let out by writing. This will in turn help to have sound sleep.
4. Exercising and any other type of physical activity result in the release of endorphins that help to lift the mood and pep up a person who is suffering from depression. This, in turn, helps to sleep easily.
5. It is also wise to have a warm bath with some lukewarm water before going to bed and also maintain a cooler temperature of the bedroom. All these factors together will enable a person to have a better quality sleep.
Above all, it is vital that a person sleeps for at least seven to nine hours at night because this duration of sleep powers the mind, restores the body, and fortifies virtually every system in the body.
Sleeping less than this time frame can lead to exhaustion, bad temper and eventually other disorders. On the other hand, sleeping more than this normal time frame can create problems like elongated depression and breeds negativity as well.
The bottom line: It is extremely essential to have a well-balanced sleeping schedule to avoid problems like depression and insomnia.