4. Boost your self-confidence to create a happy life.
If we don’t have self-confidence, it’s easy to think that there’s something fundamentally wrong with us — that there’s nothing we can do to change ourselves and create the happy life we desire. But self-confidence is actually a skill. When we learn how to think, feel, and act in ways that make us a person we really love, we can be more self-confident and, as a result, live happily more easily.
Here are a few ways to build self-confidence to create a happier life:
- Practice self-compassion.
- Imagine your best self.
- Know your strengths.
- Celebrate your successes.
5. Create work-life balance for a happy life.
Are you exhausted, demotivated, and in desperate need of a break? By learning how to create better work-life balance, you can make better use of the limited time you do have in your life. As a result, you end up enjoying all parts of your life a bit more.
Here are a few ways to improve work-life balance:
- Find out if you’re at risk for burnout.
- Establish better boundaries.
- Do more things that energize you and help you live happily.
- Engage in restorative experiences.
6. Build resilience for a happier life.
Sometimes life knocks you down — there is no getting around that. What really matters for creating a happy life is how easy it is for you to get back up. Developing emotional resilience keeps those challenges and hardships from overwhelming you. You recover more quickly from difficulties, and as a result, you’ll live happily more days each month and year.
Here are just some of the ways to build resiliency:
- Practice mindful acceptance.
- Observe your situation to increase your awareness.
- Find the positives in negative situations.
- Create a collection of images or quotes that inspire you to live happily.
- Understand the benefits of negative emotions.
- Beef up your coping skills.
- Stop your negative thought cycles.