We may face an existential crisis and question the deeper meaning of life and how we are interconnected to each other. These are few questions that can be answered in solitude and therefore we have an overwhelming desire of being on our own than being in crowds.
7) We feel disoriented or out of sync.
We may feel like our body, mind, and soul are out of sync with each other. When we are stressed and anxious, we live mostly in our heads and are bombarded with racy thoughts, it becomes very difficult for our bodies to catch up with our minds and we may feel extremely tired or disoriented.
Also when we live more in our head, we live either in the past or worry about the future and in both the situations we are completely out of touch with the reality of present moment and we may feel like we are operating in some other timeline and experience being spaced out or dissociation from the body.
Mindfulness techniques like meditation and deep breathing can help to sync the mind and body and provide deep rest to our soul.
8) We may feel extreme physical and emotional exhaustion
When we are stressed or anxious, our breathing becomes shallow and we feel really low on energy, this is because breath is the most vital source of energy in our body.
Our bodies and muscles feel weakened and any movement feels excruciatingly exhausting and all we want to do is lie down the whole day.
It is important to get back to track by incorporating breathing exercise and mild workouts in our routine to get the bold and oxygen flowing in our body. It can instantly lower our stress levels and increase our vitality.
9) We may feel anxious and insecure about our future and find it difficult to live in the present moment.
If our soul is exhausted, we may not have the energy to plan for our future. We may just wander aimlessly without any specific goal or direction.
This can create a lot of anxiety and insecurity about future and leave us feeling overwhelmed with no capacity to enjoy the present moment.
10) We feel our emotions very intensely
Soul exhaustion may lead to heightened sensitivity and we may experience all emotions intensely. We may get onto an emotional rollercoaster, one moment our heart could be so filled with love and compassion that we just burst into tears of joy and next moment we could feel devastating heartache and sadness.
Our soul may feel exhausted due to a variety of reasons.
We may be going through a tough breakup that is taking toll on our emotional and mental health. We may be going through an unexpected loss or turn of events that have altered our reality beyond recognition or we may be surrounded by toxic people or we may not be living our truth or our life purpose and putting people before ourselves and struggling to say no.
Or we have been following unhealthy lifestyles with no exercise and suffering from host of addictions like drugs or alcohol.
Whatever be the reason, it is important to take out some time for self-care to get our body, mind, and soul in alignment.
Here are a couple of tips that can help to heal our tired souls:
1) Prioritize self-care over everything else.
2) Take as much rest as you need. Switch off from technology, go off grid and take out time to do your favorite things: reading, arts, dancing, painting, singing, hiking or anything that makes your soul sing.
3) Takeout time for your spiritual well being, be it going for yoga, meditation or spiritual retreats or nature bathing, forest walking or moon gazing.
4) Go on a detox fast or try alternative healing methods like ayurveda, reiki or massages.
5) Avoid being too hard on yourself and embrace yourself with patience and loving kindness.
6) Focus on breathing exercises and grounding techniques.