7. “How can I challenge myself to do better?”
When was the last time you challenged yourself and did something uncomfortable? Do you know that the only way to grow is by challenging yourself and venture out of your comfort zone?
If you continue to do what you always do, you will get the same results as you always did. So, to improve, to grow, and to achieve better success, you need to challenge yourself to do something difficult. You can’t stay in your comfort zone all the time and expect things to change.
If you want to change, you need to step out of your comfort zone and do the uncomfortable.
- Are you afraid of being on screen? Challenge yourself and publish on YouTube.
- Want to improve your stamina? Challenge yourself to run a full marathon.
- Want to get more traffic to your blog? Challenge yourself to write and publish every day.
8. “What has to happen for me to be successful?”
How do you define success? Do you know what do you need to happen for you to feel successful? Most people don’t define the success they want, hence, they have no idea what success looks like to them.
And because they have a blurry idea of success, they are not sure what to do or what they want out of life.
You have to clearly identify what you want to achieve so that you can experience and do things according to your own term. If you don’t define your success, others will hire you to work for their success.
9. “What are my top 3 priorities for the next 6 months?”
Answering this question is important because it helps identify your priorities and what you need to work on in the short-term.
Too often, people have no idea what they need to do to reach their goals. They don’t have priorities and they waste too much time on social media and games. They ended up feeling inferior in their career.
Never let this happen to you. Know what is important to you by discovering your priorities and focus on them for the next couple of months.
10. “If I continue to do what I do, will I be able to reach my goals in the next 5 years?”
This question works like a test to predict your future. And you have to be honest when answering this question. If you know that what you do can’t bring you the results you want, you need to make a change.
If you don’t change, guess what, you will fail to reach your goals and dreams. And one way to find out if what you do will be working is through learning from others who have done it.
Just like baking a cake. If you follow the recipe, there is no guarantee that you will succeed, but you greatly increase your chances of success by following the proven steps.
Hence, learn from others. Study their failures and successes. Do what work and improve what don’t. And if you find out what you do isn’t going to get you what you want, change your plan, and then do it again.
Questions are an important part when it comes to helping your self-growth. Ask yourself these 10 self-growth questions to spark inspiration and insights for change and growth:
- “What was I doing last year?”
- “Who do I want to be?”
- “Do I enjoy how I spend my time now?”
- “Who do I spend the most time with?”
- “What do I think about most of the time?”
- “What is my biggest fear?”
- “How can I challenge myself to do better?”
- “What has to happen for me to be successful?”
- “What are my top 3 priorities for the next 6 months?”
- “If I continue to do what I do, will I be able to reach my goals in the next 5 years?”
Do you find these self-growth questions helpful? And out of the 10 questions above, which one drives you the most? Let me know in the comment section below.
Written by: Shawn Lim
Originally appeared on: Stunning Motivation
Republished with permission.