4. You make dating decisions based on your emotions rather than logic.
By basing your decisions on the emotion you become reactionary. For example, if a guy doesn’t text you back you get really mad and text something embarrassingly over reactive.
Or when you are feeling lonely, you instantly text him and want him to console you. Or when you’re feeling envious about another girl you seek validation from him.
In a healthy relationship, it is great to have someone there to listen to your emotions and be able to respond accordingly. However, you want to avoid becoming completely dependent on getting all of your emotional validation from one person.
Lastly, it is important to work on managing your own emotions. You have total control over your emotions. If you find you’re constantly reacting based on how you feel in the moment, then it’s important to take a step back and develop a practice to calm yourself before acting.
5. You don’t believe that you can be happy when you’re single.
The biggest reason why you get emotionally attached too soon in relationships is that you don’t believe you can be happy when you’re single. The moment that you become happy with your single life is the very moment a guy will come in and sweep you off your feet.
You can be happy when you’re single. It just takes a little bit of work every day.
P.S. – Knowing how to expertly navigate your emotions (and a man’s emotions) is the key to attracting the right guy into your life.
Related Video: 9 Differences Between True Love And Emotional Dependency
Written By: Adam LoDolce
Originally Appeared on sexyconfidence.com
Printed with Permission
You May Also Like:
- 10 Reasons Why Your Man Avoids Getting Emotionally Attached To You
- 6 Reasons Strong Women Get Attached Easily
- 5 Signs A Man is Emotionally Attracted To You
- 6 Dominant Personality Traits of Emotionally Unavailable Men You Should NEVER Expect Love From
- Are You Emotionally Dependent?