Let’s face it, we’re all fighting a tough battle in this world. Managing our private and professional lives is pretty stressful. Sometimes you’re frustrated when you can’t find a new job or are dealing with failure when your company decides to lay off people.
These terrible moments in life test your patience and often make you feel exhausted; you feel like your world is crumbling into pieces. And on those dark days, maybe a few inspiring words can really help you get up, and keep on fighting.
We have compiled a list of 40 inspirational quotes that will guide you in life. These quotes are like a pep talk from your friend, last-minute before your interview, or a ray of hope on those days when you don’t feel enough, and especially when you feel like you can’t fight anymore.
Want to read more beautiful quotes? Read this article about african proverbs.
40 Quotes That Will Guide You In Life
On days when you get frustrated easily and come across setbacks in life, here are some quotes that will remind you how important it is to not lose hope and live life to the fullest, no matter how hard it is.
1. “What if rather than being disheartened by the ambiguity, the uncertainty of life, we accepted it and relaxed into it?” — Pema Chodron
3. “The highest goal one can achieve is amazement.” — Goethe
4. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” — Oprah Winfrey
5. “Holding on to beliefs limits our experience of life.” — Pema Chodron
6. “With the whole world as the apple of your eye, all of life becomes an aphrodisiac.” — Gregg Levoy
7. “Let’s pay attention only to where we are. / There’s enough beauty in being here and not somewhere else.” — Fernando Pessoa
8. “Everybody knows in their bones that something is eternal and that something has to do with human beings.” — Stage Manager, Thornton Wilder’s Our Town
9. “It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.” — Henry James
10. “Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self.” — May Sarto
11. “Possibility is not luxury; it is as crucial as bread.” — Judith Butler
12. “We are freer than we think.” — Michel Foucault
13. “So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains / That we never even know we have the key.” — The Eagle
14. “It’s right underneath your fingers, baby. That’s all you have to understand — everything is right underneath your fingers.” — Ray Charles
15. “Let the miracles, even the ones we don’t want or see, unfold.” — Mark Nepo
16. “Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn’t what you get for it, but what you become for it.” —Steve Maraboli
17. “Life is about accepting the challenges along the way, choosing to keep moving forward, and savoring the journey.” —Roy T. Bennett
18. “I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I’m actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons.” —Drew Barrymore
19. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” —Chico Xavier
20. “True, we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness.” —Petrarch