10 Signs You Might Be The Host In A Parasitic Relationship
Look out for a few more signs that might point towards the possibility that a narcissist or psychopath is living a parasitic lifestyle at your cost.
1. They refuse to fend for themselves, and always depend on you for everything, and all their needs.
2. They have to be the center of attention all the time, and in case they are not, they will make your life a living hell.
3. They will get extremely aggressive with you (verbally, emotionally, psychologically, physically), if you ever question their motives and behavior.
4. They never help you with the household chores, but after you have taken care of everything, they end up taking the credit for it.
5. They take care of their personal needs by spending all your money, and if you ask them not to, they start to torment you.
6. They don’t care about your feelings, and emotions at all.
7. They always make you feel emotionally exhausted and mentally drained whenever you are with them or around them.
8. They never hesitate to verbally and emotionally abuse you, if things don’t go their way or you don’t do what they want you to do; they even physically abuse you at times.
9. They never take your opinions and advice seriously, and think they know best, but if something goes wrong, they are quick to blame you for all of it.
10. They don’t think twice before leaving the relationship if they feel there’s nothing more to gain from it. How bad you feel, or how much pain you might be in does not even cross their minds.
Sometimes, you don’t realize the truth of it all before it’s already too late. Narcissists and psychopaths are so devious, charming and manipulative, that before you know it, you have fallen into their trap, and you can’t get out of it. It doesn’t help that the methods used by them to exploit you are extremely degrading and mind-twisting. They wreak havoc on your mental and emotional health, and gaslight you enough to make sure that you never realize their truth.
However, if you keep these pointers in mind from now on, you will be able to protect yourself from such dark and poisonous people, and their parasitic lifestyles. And if you notice some of these traits or all of it in someone close to you, then you need to slowly take a step back, pack your bags and run for your life. Leave them alone, and no matter what happens, do not look back!