You might be asking, “What can I do?” Conventional wisdom advises seeing a trained professional for guidance. That is wise, but not always available. In my experience, the only one solution that works is to distance yourself from the individual as soon as you recognize them for what they are, and as soon as it is practical. As your psychic wounds heal, you will see your life improve and feel your dignity restored. As painful as distancing yourself may be, it is often the only way to make the hurting stop and to restore your well-being.
Written By: Joe Navarro M.A.Spycatcher
To see the full checklist of the traits of the narcissistic personality, or of the social predator, please consult Dangerous Personalities by Joe Navarro with Toni Sciarra Poynter (Rodale, 2014).
Originally Appeared on PsychologyToday
Printed With Permission from the author
Copyright © 2017, Joe Navarro.
You May Also Like:
- Lookout For These 15 Signs Which Shows He’s Being Manipulative And Not Protective
- Signs Someone Is Trying To Manipulate You
- 7 Common Manipulative Phrases and How To Shut Them Down
- 5 Hidden Signs, Your Good Guy Is Actually Manipulating You
- You’re Not Going Crazy: 15 Signs You’re A Victim Of Gaslighting
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal