An important step toward SLA requires you to metaphorically throw away that hijacked, broken mirror and invest in one that accurately reflects your perfectly imperfect, beautiful self. It might take time to recognize the excellence in what you see; take as much as you need—and more. Anything as good as Self-Love Abundance is worth the difficult healing and recovery work, and the time necessary to reach it.
Positive Affirmations to Heal
I want you to step up to your nearest mirror. Once in front of it, recite the following statements:
- The reflection I see is 100% true; it is all me.
- I will allow myself to see what my true reflection is and withhold any judgment of it.
- I verify and accept this imperfect reflection as my true (and accurate) self.
- If my mirror reflects a not-good-enough or shameful image, I will reject it, walk away, and shake the narcissist’s gaslit photo out of my head.
- When I am ready, I will return to my mirror and absorb the reflection—without judgment.
- I will allow myself to gaze upon unrecognized and unappreciated perfection and, maybe for the first time, see the person I always was, but was never allowed to see.
- I will allow myself to consider I am, and always was, beautiful.
- I will learn to love myself, as I need it more than anything.
For more information on this subject visit: Self-Love Recovery Institute
Check out Ross Rosenberg’s blog, The Human Magnet Syndrome for more informative articles.
Written By Ross Rosenberg Originally Appeared On Human Magnet Syndrome