A peep into another person’s psyche helps learn more about their thought process. When you spend time with someone, it will become easier to understand how that person reacts to certain situations because you have been a witness to their behavior.
It is for this reason that you are shocked to not notice when your friend does something unexpected. You may not have seen that coming, which is an indication that you guys were not spending enough time together.
Oftentimes in a relationship, even after years of being together, you cannot understand what the other person has in their mind. Being mindfully connected to a person helps understand their traits and how they behave in a number of contexts.
6) Protect your energy
In this universe everything is energy, so we can influence the matter with our thoughts and intentions. Since, our bodies and thoughts are energy, we can constantly send cosmic signals through our intentions and thoughts.
According to a study, people were trained to send healing and positive intentions and thoughts to other people (outside the reach of physical senses). The results showed that such distance healing could influence the autonomic nervous system of the recipients of their intentions.
Even when we talk to people and exchange ideas we send energy. And when trying to understand the thoughts and ideas of another individual, we engage in reading them to some extent. That’s how we know whether a person is on the same page, interested in discussion or if it’s time to change the conversation.
We cry when our loved ones cry and we feel happy when they are happy. So, everything depends on how we exchange energy. Just like distance healing study mentioned above, you can send positive or negative intentions to the person you want.
Similarly, the intentions and thoughts you are receiving from other people can influence your mind and brain. So, be careful with whom you are connecting and try to initiate a deep relationship. Because your mental state will influence the other person’s mental set and vice versa. If you are angry or holding grudges against someone in your circle, your friend or colleague will reflect that same feeling. And if someone is in depression, you will be able to absorb that energy and tend to feel low.
Besides mind reading, you need high self-awareness to protect your energy. You have to be aware and centered on yourself, to be better able to read the mind of another person. That said, you also need to be empathetic about the other person – an underrated humane quality.
Please share this article with anyone who you may think will find it valuable and helpful.
- Hodges, S.D. and Myers, M.W., 2007. Empathy: Encyclopedia of social psychology (pp. 296–298).
- Dossey, L., 2008. Distance healing: evidence. The Parapsychology Revolution. New York: Jeremy Tarcher/Penguin, pp.216-232.
- Müller, C., Cienki, A., Fricke, E., Ladewig, S., McNeill, D. and Tessendorf, S. eds., 2013. Body-language-communication (Vol. 1). Walter de Gruyter.
- Vogeley, K., Bussfeld, P., Newen, A., Herrmann, S., Happé, F., Falkai, P., Maier, W., Shah, N.J., Fink, G.R. and Zilles, K., 2001. Mind reading: neural mechanisms of theory of mind and self-perspective. Neuroimage, 14(1), pp.170-181.
- Nichols, S. and Stich, S.P., 2003. Mindreading: an integrated account of pretence, self-awareness, and understanding other minds. Clarendon Press/Oxford University Press.