This has to stop NOW!
In 2011, the World Health Organisation found that for every 100,000 mental illness patients, there were only 0·047 psychologists and 0·301 psychiatrists. The government has also failed to take the right steps and has only made empty promises regarding this issue. Did you know that a mere 0.06% of the health budget in India is allocated to mental health? This shocking fact was released the Human Right Watch.
To overcome this current scenario, there are certain things that we need to get started with immediately, like:
- Taking mental health seriously
- Motivating patients to seek professional help
- Spreading awareness that mental illness is an actual medical condition
- Making help readily available and accessible in a cost-effective manner
- Conducting free mental checkup camps by professionals and experts
- Talking about the benefits of psychotherapy
- Making self-treatment, research and help easily available through proper online modes
This is where The Minds Journal comes in.
The Minds Journal is an online mental and emotional wellness platform that aims to close the gap between mental disorders and professional therapy through various online channels. We plan to connect individuals hesitant to seek help with helplines, psychiatrists, psychologists, life coaches, and other experts.
What we aim to achieve
The fact is over 80% of Indian residents hesitate to seek any treatment when it comes to mental disorders. This why we need to focus on psychological, medical and social interventions to help those who are reluctant to ask for any help. Moreover there is a serious shortage of mental healthcare professionals in the country.
However, what is more important is that we end the stigma, ignorance, lack of awareness and apathy related to mental illness in India immediately. This is leading to isolation, shame and further suffering in the patients. And this can only be done by empowering those suffering from different mental health problems.
Moreover, schools, colleges and companies should also take the right measures to make sure their pupils and employees are not facing any mental health issues and if they are, they can readily access treatment even without asking, if needed. Evaluation of every individual, from the janitors, students and employees to the principals and the CEO, should be made mandatory at an interval of every 3 months. A strict annual health program which will also focus on mental health, should be made compulsory in every educational institute and business organisation. The management should also encourage people to express their thoughts and emotions openly and privately without the fear of being judged or shamed.
What we have to offer
Today, there is a strong need for a platform like The Minds Journal that can empower individuals suffering from mental disorders to connect with each other and develop supportive network. We wish to help them help each other and prevent one another from feeling isolated, alone or alienated. By sharing their thoughts and feelings with each other, we want to enable mental health patients to seek professional help.
The human mind is the most powerful weapon.
We have successfully developed a global platform where writers and readers share thoughts on mental health and promote self development & better living. As our thoughts drive our actions, our mindset can actually alter our entire perception about others & ourselves and what we do in our lives. This is why we are dedicated to cater to every small thought that lingers in our minds and can affect our lives. Our online platform allows different minds facing different challenges and overcoming different obstacles to share their views and perceptions about life to motivate others in similar situations.
We have achieved this by offering unique, high quality, informative, honest and helpful Articles, Blogs, Stories, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Photos and Videos. Our writers, readers and contributors come from different backgrounds who want to learn, teach, improve themselves, help and inspire others who need help.
The Minds Journal is gearing up to provide effective and empathic therapy and counselling services online like self help tools, community support, online assistance and offline solutions. We aim to approach schools, colleges and large and mid-sized businesses individually with a range of effective and smartly designed solutions. The goal is to educate and train our society about the urgent need for psychiatric treatment intervention. We believe smart and prompt intervention can actually help to save a life.
The problems we need to address
In our journey to help people suffering from mental illness live with confidence and dignity, we have identified a few key issues that need to be addressed immediately:
- Loss in productivity
- Disturbed academic/professional life
- Health issues
- Anger management issues
Toxic Home Environment
- Domestic violence
- Emotional/sexual abuse in children and women
- Bases for toxic relationship
- Suicidal tendencies
- Social media addiction
- Substance Abuse
- Loss of purpose in life
- Pessimistic view in life
Negative Outlook Towards Life
- False perception of happiness
- Substance abuse
- Established pessimism
- Disruptive behaviours
- Reduced Transparency
- Poor Communication
- Lack of proper guidance
- Unaddressed cyber/emotional bullying
- Memory Loss
- Neurological disorder
- Hampered social life
- Mood swings
What needs to be done
With our years of expertise in dealing with mental health problems and looking for easily accessible cost-effective solutions, our team of experts have managed to point out the most effective solutions that can help to bring about a mental health revolution in India:
- Identify mental health issues in individuals
- Curbing Social Media Addiction
- Promote overall emotional well-being
- Anonymous discrete counselling and therapy sessions
- Easy accessibility to helplines, online & offline expert consultation
- Human Behavior Modification
- Improving access to better mental healthcare
- Mental health care assistance in educational institutes and corporate
- Spreading mental health awareness by removing stigma, discrimination and prejudice
- Intervening substance dependence (drugs, alcohol, other substances)
- Providing Guidance (parental & moral guidance)
How we can help solve this crisis
By closely analyzing and identifying the underlying problems India is facing regarding mental health and treatment, we are designing a range of helpful services after much deliberation:
Self Help Tools
- Helpful Articles & Blogs
- Psychological Assessment
- Motivational Videos
- Open forum for discussion
- Support Groups
- Access to Mental Health Manuals written by Experts
- Online Expert Consultation
- Online discrete counselling
- One-on-one video conference
- Helping people connect with mental health professionals in their location
- Face to face Counselling & Therapy sessions
- Provide mental healthcare to educational institutes and Corporate bodies
- Conducting Regular Mental Health Seminars across the world
Redefining Mental Health in India
The Minds Journal is dedicated to connect individuals suffering from mental ailments through our online platform to create a network that would help them to find the courage and the motivation to fight back. We also aim to offer instant, safe and easy access to effective treatment to people experiencing mental disorders.
Our advanced online platform will not only promote mental health awareness and mindful living, but it will also offer professional help on various mental health topics.
If you want to know more or if you are looking for some help, feel free to visit TheMindsJournal.com.
Here’s a helpful video that you may find useful:
You may also like:
- Why Depression in Most Men Go Unrecognised
- Depression – A Struggle Resulting from No Control or Choice?
- Understanding Depression With Beck’s Cognitive Triad
- Depression Self-Help