50 Inspiring Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes On Peace, Love and Equality
Dr. Martin Lurther King Jr. was an influential and inspiring figure in fighting for civil rights in the 1960s. His efforts play a significant role in how we treat and accept each other, irrespective of race or gender, in the modern day. It is a shame that his dream hasn’t been realized to this day, so we remember and continue to fight for everything that he stood for during his time in order to bring positive change into the world.
Dr. King was a man of honorable faith and morale, which he put to great use to urge and encourage others to push and live the message of peace, love and equality among all people. He is well known for his methods and words of love and acceptance for all human beings which put him in the forefront in organizing the March on Washington and delivering his timeless speech ‘I Have A Dream’ which brought together a crowd of nearly 250,000 people.
Although the spring of 2020 marks the 52nd year since the assassination of Dr. King, we still remember and fight for what he believed in because his message is one that we hold in our hearts. His legacy has influenced and inspired the lives of many who wish to see a better world with an unshakable message.
His words of wisdom and love remain immortalized to this day so we have collected 50 Inspiring Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes On Peace, Love and Equality to help you keep your head and stay strong in chaotic times like these.
Related: Love and life are gifts worth celebrating. Here are 50 Beautiful Maya Angelou Quotes That Celebrate Love and Life.
Here are 50 Inspiring Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes On Peace, Love and Equality:
1. “But I know, somehow that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
2. “A riot is the language of the unheard.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
4. “We are not makers of history. We are made by history.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
5. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
6. “Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
7. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
8. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
9. “Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
10. “One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
11. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
12. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
13. “Your ignorance is their power.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
14. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” — Martin Luther King Jr.