Meditation can be a great hobby for you to pick up as a man. As most of us men go through a lot of stress during the day as we overcome one challenge after another, meditation can help us learn how to alleviate that stress, relax ourselves and stay calm even in a difficult situation. Ideapod explains “When you know how to properly meditate, you will have more energy, more stamina, and better awareness.” By practicing mindfulness meditation regularly, you will be able to experience inner peace, happiness and a solid presence of mind.
Backyard farming or gardening may take a lot of effort, but it can offer numerous benefits as well. Apart from improving the aesthetics of your house, it can also help you reduce the cost of buying food as you can grow different fruits and vegetables in your own backyard. You can even choose to sell your produce and make some extra money.
“If you have a job that keeps you cooped up in an office all day with artificial light and stale recycled air, gardening is a great hobby to pursue in order to get some exercise, sunlight, and fresh air. As you watch your garden grow from seeds to plants, you’ll find yourself becoming more in tune with the seasons,” adds the Art Of Manliness.
Want more? That’s great! Here are some more amazing and cool manly ideas on hobbies for men. Take a look.
1. Off-roading is the activity of driving and navigating a vehicle on uneven and unsurfaced roads like rocky and muddy terrain.
2. Snowboarding and Skiing are super fun hobbies that can be challenging and a great workout.
3. Fencing is a popular sport that you can try. It’s an ancient form of sword fighting using thin steel swords.
4. Motorcycling is another option that is a must for every list of hobbies for men. It is challenging, liberating and adventurous.
5. Horseback riding is a unique sport that makes you get in touch with nature by guiding a majestic animal.
6. Running is perhaps the simplest, easiest and most accessible manly hobby. All you need is a pair of running shoes and get started immediately. The road is open 24/7.
7. Ever wanted to act on stage? Theatre acting helps you experience the thrill and satisfaction of performing before a large crowd.
8. Stone working is another cool yet ancient skill to learn. It is the art of carving and shaping rocks and stones using hand tools to create something beautiful.
9. Blogging is one of the most popular hobbies for men. Write down your thoughts and views and share it online for the world to explore.
10. Podcasting is also getting very popular these days. Think of it like your own online radio show.
11. Ever thought of trying archery? The bow and arrow are one of the most ancient weapons humans used to hunt. It’s time to try your hands on it.
12. Looking for a leisurely hobby? Then try golf. Golfing is simple, relaxing and satisfying.
13. Take part in social work and help out your community. Volunteering is perhaps the most compassionate manly hobby to have.
14. Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game and recreational activity using Global Positioning System (GPS) devices.
15. Practicing Yoga can be highly beneficial mentally, physically and spiritually. Yoga is an ancient technique practiced by men and women alike.
16. Become an online movie reviewer. If you love watching movies and understand the technical aspects of filmmaking, then this one’s for you.
17. Rock climbing and mountaineering are great hobbies for men who are more into adventure. These are challenging sports that require mental resilience, emotional strength and physical prowess.
18. If you are an animal lover then volunteering in animal shelters and rescuing animals are the perfect hobbies for you to pursue.
Read also: 3 Things You Need To Do To Be A Real Man