You can practice self-love by dressing up, doing something that you enjoy, and making a list of all of your good qualities. Many people also find it beneficial to verbalize positive affirmations daily.
By loving yourself you will be able to live intentionally, forgive yourself, accept yourself, and protect yourself from negative people. You will no longer be afraid to leave a toxic relationship for fear of being alone – because you’re all the good company you need!
4. I Promise to Trust my Instincts
Have you ever been in a relationship where you just knew in the pit of your stomach that something wasn’t right? Your heart may tell you one thing, but your intuition is telling you another. Listen to it.
Gut instinct, or your own personal intuition, is that feeling you get where you don’t have to think about something, you just instinctively know what the right answer is. People often feel this way when they know they are being lied to by a romantic partner or feel that trust is being broken somehow.
Instead of following your heart, start following your gut. Doing so will help you set standards for what should and should not be accepted in healthy relationships
You can follow your gut by:
– Not over-thinking things or reasoning away what your intuition is telling you.
– Focusing on what the situation “is” instead of what it “could be”.
– Detaching from material things that would prevent you from leaving an unhealthy relationship (e.g. This isn’t a healthy relationship, but he pays the bills)
– Ignoring what your heart tells you when you know deep down it could lead to trouble.
– Showing self-love by putting your well-being ahead of others.
– Clear your mind and meditate on why your gut is leading you a certain way.
The best relationship advice you can follow to stop attracting unhealthy relationships is by promising to take care of yourself, trust your gut instincts when it comes to love, get to know yourself better, and practice self-love regularly. Banish bad habits that prevent you from being in a happy, healthy relationship.