“Fall in love with yourself. Fall in love over and over again!” -Bea C. Pilotin
Life takes a surprising turn. It has for each one of us. After ending a relationship with someone you have loved, you need to embark on a real, mad and passionate love affair with yourself which involves having a very singular focus on yourself- only for yourself.
Loving yourself is important. They said you cannot give what you don’t have. And once you feel in love with yourself, you can embrace the whole world with love. Nothing is more beautiful than a healthy sense of loving yourself. You need to value and believe in yourself to do wonders in this amazing world.
You don’t have to wait for someone to release all these feelings- of being an attractive, fascinating or lovable person. You don’t need to depend on someone else to be happy or to know your worth as a person or as a human being. By yourself, you can do it.
The magic begins the moment you explore yourself. Don’t cut yourself off from one of the life’s greatest pleasures. It’s actually a good thing when you’re alone because it gives you space and time to discover your existence and importance in life. Having someone beside you do not equate you from being alone and happy. Well, I’m not telling you to isolate yourself to the rest of the world. But, when one gave up on you- don’t come up with the idea that life ended there. Don’t get stuck in a rut. You can always treat yourself a very special one.
It may sound so absurd but here are the few things that you should try sometime:
1) Date yourself out to a coffee shop with a good book company. Spray your favorite Bulgari’s Eau Par-fumes that smells like green tea. Have that unread Pablo Neruda book in your bag and smell its pages while waiting for your Irish coffee to be served.
2) Go out for a cinema alone. Watch a movie alone with a caramel coated popcorn puffs with you and watch a movie which promises some mystery, action movie about great men- or a comedy that will make you laugh out loud.
3) Try a candle light dinner with yourself. Turn on the soft, dreamy and romantic selection of music and try a candle light dinner alone, with a slug of Sauvignon Blanc wine and bask in how beautiful you look in the dim light. Tell yourself, “You’re so fabulous! I’ve never loved like this before.”
4) At bedtime, slip into your gorgeous camison. Put the silent presence that nourishes every sense but the ear on the side table of your bed- a bouquet of ROSES! And inhale HEAVEN.
5) Treat yourself to a sensuous, completely satisfying breakfast. A little more than a gulped cup of Georgian tea or Turkish coffee, eggs Benedict with creamy spinach and smoky Hollandaise sauce, a piece of fruit or a strawberry yogurt.