Understanding that you’ve been the one in all of your relationships is empowering. With this knowledge, you can discover the habits and patterns that haven’t been supporting you to have your ideal love life. Knowing these habits and patterns helps you to do the inner work to then have true love.
Here’s what you can do to get started.
Love Lesson #5: Self-love is the way to a high-quality love life
Looking for love from a guy ultimately won’t make you feel truly happy and fulfilled. Instead, it will be elusive making love seem hard and unattainable. This external love is wrapped up in expectations, obligations, needs, and shoulds.
Needing love from a guy when you don’t love yourself will suffocate him and squash any desire he has about committing to you.
There’s a reason why there’s a lot of talk about self-love. It’s because self-love is the most critical piece of a truly happy and fulfilling love life. The more you love yourself, the more you’ll experience a higher quality love that is filled with happiness, meaning and ease.
I’d love to hear about the lessons you’ve learned on your journey to love. Feel free to share them in the comments below.
You may also like:
- 7 Daily Rituals Happy Couples Use To Cultivate Lasting Love
- The Love Tank Theory – How To Make Love Last
- 6 Relationship Mistakes That Will Break You And Your Lover Apart
- 5 Things He Needs To Feel Before He Can Fall In Love With You
- 26 Little Lessons I Learned About Love From Relationships Without A Label