You should actively listen to your partner when they’re saying something. Don’t interrupt while they’re talking. Acknowledge that you’re listening and that you understand what they’re saying.
Only give your response after they’ve stopped talking.
If you want to communicate better with your partner and understand one another better, the best relationship advice is to learn their love language and become fluent in it. Communication skills will strengthen your relationship and make arguments and misunderstandings a thing of the past!
Written by Esther Bilbao
Originally appeared in Yourtango
You may also like:
- 12 Important Life Hacks To Improve Communication In Your Relationships
- Is Your Relationship Experiencing A Connection Crisis
- Chronic Stonewalling Imprisons a Relationship
- The Art of Sexual Communication: How to Strike the Best First Impression
- Soul Communication: 7 Ways Your True Self is Trying to Guide You