Life lessons to learn from pain
Going through the dark tunnel of pain and finding the light of strength and hope on the other side might be easier said than done. But it’s doable. I am living proof of that. If you are also going through that darkness or want to step into it and face your pain, then let me share what I have learned from facing my anxiety, depression, and pain. It just might help you take that step.
1. Thoughts are not real. It has the power to become real but only if you allow it. Don’t give power to negative thoughts.
2. It’s okay to feel anxious, depressed, frustrated, and angry. It’s okay to be insecure and jealous. It’s okay to feel every emotion that you feel. But it’s not okay to hold on to those feelings. Let the feelings come, acknowledge them without judgment and let them pass naturally.
3. If you love someone, tell them how you feel. Spend time with people who matter to you. Don’t isolate yourself.
4. Facing problems, challenges and obstacles will only make you more confident, resilient and patient. It may break you initially but it will mold you into something better.
5. Have faith in yourself. You’re better than you believe you are.
6. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable in life. You won’t always get what you want. Life gives us what we need, not what we want. And that’s a fact.
7. Overcoming your fear of pain will make you unbreakable. You’ll see what I mean when you get there.
8. Going through pain will make you aware of your inner complicated self and realize you are an emotional and spiritual being capable of greatness.
9. Experiencing pain will make you humble and empathetic towards others. It makes you a better person.
10. Not everyone will love you. No matter how hard you try or how much you love them, you will not get the love you want. Some things are just not meant to be.
11. It’s okay to cry. It helps you heal.
12. Don’t ignore sleep. Don’t stay up overthinking. Give your mind and body the rest it needs.
13. Don’t be afraid to love. Open your heart to love. Receive and share as much love as possible without getting attached.
14. Meditation can be a great place to start to face your fears. Just sit down and focus on your breathing for 10 minutes. Thank me later.
15. Heal yourself at every opportunity by spending time with people you love, eating good food, being in nature, loving your pets, listening to music and dancing, and anything that makes you happy.
16. Accepting rejection is hard but it is crucial that you do and respect the other person’s decision. If someone wants to leave, let them go.
17. Social media can make you more depressed if you are going through a bad phase.
18. Happiness is overrated. You don’t need to pursue happiness. The only two things that actually matter are self-love and peace.
19. Forgiveness is about you winning over hatred and bitterness. It’s not about the other person. It’s about setting yourself free from negativity.
20. Depression can be the worst thing you can ever experience in life. It will break you beyond what you can imagine. But you can get through it. Seek professional help and talk openly to at least one person you trust.
21. Love yourself. Nothing else matters. Let me say that again…LOVE YOURSELF. Love your flaws and awesomeness. Practice self-love and learn to forgive yourself. Accept yourself as you are. Don’t change yourself for anyone.
22. Everything will sort itself out. You just need to step up and be brave.
Appreciate the beauty of pain
Pain is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful things you can experience in life. You might not think so right now, but you will eventually. Your pain becomes a part of you. It changes you as you walk through the darkness. It makes you beautiful with it’s own inherent beauty. Unlike suffering, pain is inevitable. You can’t escape it. Trust me, I’ve tried. Pain is a crucial part of life that comes to you to set you free from all the darkness and lead you to the light.
Yes, it’s terrifying to face pain. Even though I have been lecturing you for so long, I am still afraid to face it. But I don’t run from it anymore. For me, facing pain is a better option than living a half-lived life filled with fear.
The life lessons to learn from your pain are far more important than any fear you might be feeling right now. The more you experience pain through heartbreak, failure, betrayal, rejection, shame, the more you will appreciate life through compassion, hope, kindness, and love. There is no light of hope without the darkness of pain. Just imagine how proud you would be for having survived the pain you were given instead of the shame & regret you would feel for running away from it.
Happiness is never about life without pain. However, happy life is built through resilience, compassion, love, and mental strength that you earn from your pain. So go ahead and step into the pain. It’s awesome on the other side.
And no! I still don’t like romcoms. But I love my life. I love my pain. I embrace it. I still grow from it. Every. Single. Day.
Pain is beautiful.