Note: If you are apprehensive about consuming lavender essential oil, then don’t worry as most essential oils are safe for consumption. Even though people mostly use them for external purposes and remedies, it’s mostly a precaution, since essential oils are very potent and strong. These oils for safe to ingest, as long as you are doing it in small quantities (never use more than a drop).
We would still recommend you to talk to your doctor before consuming lavender essential oil, or any other essential oil for that matter.
Other Ways Of Using Of Lavender Oil
Apart from making lavender lemonade, you can use lavender oil for the following purposes too:
- You can add 8-10 drops of lavender essential oil to your diffuser, which will make your home not just smell good but can also help you relax and de-stress.
- If you have dry or very dry skin, you can add a few drops of this oil to your bathwater, and you will see a considerable improvement in your dry and flaky skin.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the body oil of your choice (for example, olive oil or almond oil), to further boost up its benefits. Use this oil every other day or every day if you wish, as this can help you relax, sleep well, improve your skin, and also keep away insects.
- Because it is anti-inflammatory in nature, it can help a lot when it comes to period cramps, and bleeding. The lavender essential oil can calm uterine contractions and calm the prostaglandins that help with menstrual pain.
- Lavender oil can also help in improving your hair health, by killing or preventing head lice, and promoting hair growth.
So, now that you know the benefits of lavender oil and lavender lemonade, go and make some now, won’t you? And don’t forget to let us know your thoughts in the comments down below!