8. He opens doors and takes coats.
Not because he feels a woman is weak, but because he’s strong enough to show that he cares about the comfort of those around him.
9. He might want to get into a woman’s bed, but he’s also interested in getting into her head.
Experience has shown him that seduction is a delicate dance, and the man who resides in her mind has conquered every other part of her.
10. He appreciates a woman who shows she cares for him, but he isn’t interested in being courted.
He enjoys the taking the lead in courting and doesn’t need to be “chased” because he’s in desperate need of an ego stroke. He also won’t play “puppy dog” to a woman who takes advantage of this.
11. He doesn’t look to be anyone’s father or savior.
And he doesn’t pretend to be the leading man in any woman’s fairy tale. He’s just a man looking for a partner who can slay her own dragons, pay her own bills and explore the world alongside him.
12. He looks for a woman who doesn’t need him but wants him.
Not for money or the happiness or a baby or a safety net, but solely for who he is.
13. He has a career, a hobby, a family of close friends and a favorite way to have his steak prepared.
He isn’t the least bit intimidated when the woman in front of him shares these qualities; quite the contrary, it makes him want her more.
14. He has a strong understanding of his own character and convictions, what he values and what he doesn’t.
He’s a man who is honest with himself about himself, and therefore is OK being honest with those around him.
15. He takes as much pride in the way he treats women as he does his job and the way he looks.
16. He’s not the bad boy, a good boy, or a boy at all — he’s a man.
A leading man, and he’s looking not for a good girl, but a great woman. One who shares all of the solid qualities that he brings to the table, and perhaps, can teach him something along the way.
He’s willing to wait and work for this woman, to fight for her, and will gladly hold out for her as long as he needs to. But when she comes along, he doesn’t sit on the fence; he’s smart enough to know when he’s gotten damned lucky. And when she finds him and knows all the signs he’s a gentleman, she should be smart enough to know the same.
Written by Brenda Della Casa
Originally appeared on Yourtango
You may also like