How to Support Someone With PTSD
- Validate their feelings. Help them reground themselves and stay in the present.
- Remind them that you are there for them no matter what and that everything’s going to be okay.
- Ask what they need and try to honor it. If they don’t know, sit with them. Your presence is enough.
- Do not try to fix things. You can’t fix them. You can only show support.
- Take care of yourself. It’s hard watching someone you love go through this. Make sure you have the support you need.