All Narcissists use other people to help regulate their self-esteem. If you are contemplating a relationship with a Narcissist (or are already in one), it can be very helpful to recognize their subtype, what they are looking for from you, and what this means in terms of how you are likely to be treated in the relationship. Depending on your inner resources and preferences, you might find one type of Narcissist tolerable as a relationship partner, while another type of Narcissist might literally drive you insane.
Adapted from Quora.com 12-19-17 What are the different types of Narcissists and how do they behave?
Written by Elinor Greenberg, Ph.D.
Amazon book link: Borderline, Narcissistic, and Schizoid Adaptations: The Pursuit of Love, Admiration, and Safety
This article originally appeared on Psychology Today and has been reprinted here with the authors permission
You May Also Like
- 22 Stages of Relationship Between An Empath and A Narcissist
- Letter From a Narcissist’s “True Self”
- What It Means When a Narcissist Says “I Love You”
- How to Make a Narcissist Fall in Love with You
- The 7 Point Checklist A Narcissist Will Refer To When Looking For A Victim
- 19 Things A Narcissist Says and What They Really Mean
- The 3 Zodiac Signs That Are Every Woman’s Nightmare