Instead of directly advocating for your needs and desires, you’re nice.
And like her, you know “something’s off.” You feel weak with her. At her mercy. You can never get it right.
At your nadir, she’s a bitch, who complains all the time, even as you do everything to please her. You’re not the asshole who bullies her but sometimes you wish you could be.
Eventually, reality blows up. A big truth eludes you. And that truth is…
…the nice guy is a pathological version of the good boy.
So what’s a nice guy to do? How do you stop her hating you for being a nice guy?
Written by Stuart Motola
Originally appeared in Stuart Motola
You may also like:
- Why Nice Guys Stay Single
- To The Girl Who Let The Nice Guy Go
- The ‘Nice Guys’ Were A Turn Off To Me, But Now I Can’t Get Enough Of Them
- Nice Guys Aren’t Good Men — Know the Difference
- Why Women Love Bad Boys And Dump Nice Guys
- What Bad Boys Know That Nice Guys Don’t