Now you’re giving up, how could you do such a thing, how could you do that to the children, how could you do that to him, you are so selfish. And because your sense of reality is so distorted at this point, you actually feel bad for him, so you stay.
And so the cycle continues.
If you are a victim of gaslighting, you must remember why your narcissist does this. Their distorted sense of self and their fear of being exposed that they are no longer truly special gives them the ammo to play ultimate mind games. You aren’t the problem—they are. Do not succumb to his manipulation—you are worthy of love and safety, and narcissists gaslighting will only prevent you from realizing it. You must break free before your sanity is ultimately compromised.
You may also like:
- 8 Lies You Start Believing When An Abusive Partner Is Gaslighting You
- 121 Things Narcissists Say When They’re Gaslighting You
- Gaslighting in Relationships: 10 Signs You Are Being Gaslighted
- 15 Signs You’re A Victim Of Gaslighting
- The Effects of Gaslighting in Narcissistic Victim Syndrome