There is no real person hidden away in them. There is only the Egopath. Egopaths operate in either Overt or Covert ways depending on their situation, perception, and ability. Covert == Mask On. Overt == Mask Off.
The Mask is all about fooling others, that is its sole purpose. The Mask can be so convincing, victims end up trying to get that person back because Egopaths have had a lifetime of practice pretending to be something they are not. But that person never existed, it was bait to lure you into thinking they are a self-actualized human being capable of empathy or love.
They aren’t. Please understand they are committed to a personal relationship with their false perfect self and there’s no room for anyone else. There is no real person in terms of personality or identity. Take away their false self and there is NOTHING there waiting for them to look at, just nothingness. Only a black hole where some semblance of a soul or humanity should be but there is only the black hole.
You will never see their true human self because they don’t have one, all they have is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde behaviors. Both of those are products from their evil personality of weakness. A personality of lies upon lies to keep believing their false identity. Both are evil, one is simply faking being human while the other does not fake it. Dr. Jekyll is the Covert Mask. Mr. Hyde is the Overt Monster underneath the Mask.
Want to know more about how an egopath manipulates you? Read 8 Tricks Narcissists Play To Manipulate Their Victims
Egopaths are logical and all the same in certain tyrannical ways. An Egopath’s rules are as follows:
- I am the authority on everything (it really goes without saying, I’m the master).
- I am owed everything by everyone (because I am what matters most, your Master, the authority).
- I want it now (you owe everything to the master, remember? That includes all of your time, don’t keep me waiting).
- My business is ALWAYS none of yours. (I am the authority, I ask the questions and give the orders, you are the slave and it will always be this way).
- Be Grateful “It could always be worse” / Accept my punishment (I am justified because I know best, I am the authority, Do what I command).
- THAT’S YOUR PROBLEM. (I’m never to blame and I don’t have to help you EVER, you are the slave remember?).
And when they go full Dark Triad (Malignant) Egopaths there is one extra rule added
- You ask why…Why Not? (I will do what I want. All your reasons will be dismissed even if you answer my question. I SHIFT TO YOU NOT ONLY BLAME BUT THE BURDEN OF PROOF).
Egopaths prove you can’t help someone who won’t help themselves. They would rather pretend they aren’t a loser by hurting others the rest of their life than directly acknowledging they ARE A LOSER. Such absolute cowardice. Such self-defeat. If this isn’t what it means to be a loser, nothing does!!!
There is another word besides Egopath that is being used to describe these monsters. Malignant Narcissist. However, the word ‘Narcissist’ does not cover the EXTREMENESS of something that is pure evil and also has nothing to do with loving yourself too much.
‘Narcissist’ throws people off from learning and understanding. I look at it this way, I prefer someone saying “Egopath? Like some sort of psychopath?” resulting in them being open to learning about dangerous evil people. As opposed to “Narcissist? Nah, that’s not what a Narcissist is.” which results in them becoming a teacher. And the teacher does not learn a damn thing and remains ever ignorant.
The best part of the word Egopath is the sheer self-descriptiveness of it which prevents unnecessary confusion, something the word ‘Narcissist‘ fails to do time and time again.