50+ Dr. Seuss Quotes That Are Packed With Wisdom, Wit And Fun
‘One fish, two fish, redfish, bluefish.’ Childhood memories come flooding back in when someone mentions the creator of The Cat In The Hat – Dr.Seuss. He is known worldwide for his fun and playful children’s books that can be considered classics in every sense of the word. Some of his greatest works include Green Eggs And Ham, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, The Cat In The Hat, and The Lorax.
His legacy lives on in the cartoon characters that he has brought to life that have brought us much joy and entertainment. Besides coming up with fun cartoons, one side of Dr.Seuss’ strengths in literature that is not portrayed much in his children’s books is his depth of wit and wisdom in life.
We’ve collected the best of the best Dr. Seuss Quotes that are packed with wisdom, wit and fun for you to look at life with a brighter perspective.
You can expect nothing less than positive words of wisdom from a man that has brought us many bright and colorful imaginary characters for us to enjoy.
Related: Eckhart Tolle has always advocated the need to be in the present and enjoy it, and that is something that always reverberates with every single person. Here is a compilation of some of Eckhart Tolle’s quotes on love, life, happiness and so much more, to help you power through life.
Here are 50+ Dr. Seuss Quotes That Are Packed With Wisdom, Wit And Fun:
1. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
2. “Being crazy isn’t enough.”
3. “They say I’m old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!”
4. “Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!”
5. “How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”
6. “In the places I go there are things that I see that I never could spell if I stopped with the Z.”
7. “Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.”
8. “Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.”
9. “I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.”
10. “I meant what I said and I said what I meant.”
11. “Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.”
12. “In my world, everyone’s a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!”
13. “Think and wonder, wonder and think.”
14. “I’m telling you this ‘cause you’re one of my friends. My alphabet starts where your alphabet ends!”
15. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.”
16. “So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.”
17. “Only you can control your future.”
18. “It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.”
19. “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!”
20. “He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man”
21. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
22. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
23. “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.”
24. “It’s opener there in the wide open air.”