When we are happy, we just don’t want it to end. But our ever-changing lives dictate that it has to end. It causes some distress to think that it will end. But what if you changed your perspective? What if you put maximum focus on the present moment because it’s going to end? If you are able to understand the immense power of changing your thoughts and how life changes every day, it will set you free. All you have to do is be aware of the present moment.
How can we attain this state of consciousness?
- Enjoy the little things in life. Learn to embrace the changes that occur every day.
- Don’t be afraid that what you have will disappear one day. Instead, engage in the infinite possibilities that life presents every day.
- Understand that all the negative circumstances will also end because life is always moving forward
- Becoming aware of the present moment is the best thing you can do.
Buddhist Truth 3: Anatma (“You change every day”)
Buddhist believe that a constant “self” doesn’t exist. It is important to understand that everything changes every day. So, accepting that you change every day is crucial. So how do we attain Anatma? How do we find peace in acceptance of what is?
We fail to realize the greatest truth to attain inner peace- our suffering is only temporary. Buddhists believe that craving pleasure, material goods, and immortality are the root of suffering, all of which can never be satisfied. Suffering is inevitable and it happens in order to teach us the lesson we must learn. The lesson is important to attain our enlightened selves. The suffering can end if we accept the fact that we change every day and so does our situation.
How can we use this doctrine to our advantage?
- Pay attention to how you can reinvent yourself every day, instead of only finding your “true self”
- Realize that there is no constant self but only the one that is here right now in the present moment
- Embrace and enjoy your life the way it comes. Know that everything will be different tomorrow. It is in your power to find your inner peace. Acceptance of the present moment is key to bring you greater peace in life.
So attaining 3 Buddhist Truths to bring your Greater Peace – Dukkha, Anitya, and Anatma is the way to living a fulfilling life.